DURHAM COMMUNITY CHOIR Announcements for OCTOBER 19, 2020
WELCOME to Durham Community Choir (DCC)!
We're delighted to have you join us. We are a non-auditioned community choir, open to all people 16 years of age and older who love and wish to sing. We aim to have a joyous, educational and enjoyable time making music together.
REGISTRATION – coming soon…
Registration will open via the choir website when we have determined the cost for this semester. You may register via web, online at durhamcommunitychoir.on.ca (credit card, e-transfer, or Paypal only).
- The following files are now uploaded to the Members Only area of the DCC web site:
Three .pdf score scans, for:
* Holiday Film Festival
* Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
* Silver Bells
* Walking in the Air
*Deck the Halls and Swing It
*Give Love on Christmas Day
* F'20 Syllabus (which includes YouTube links to most of our F’20 repertoire)
* Chorister Information Sheet (which we ask that you download, save, complete, save, and email to Daphne at the email address on the form)
To find these files
1. Visit http://durhamcommunitychoir.on.ca/
2. In the login form at the bottom right of the screen, enter
* Username: dccmember
* Password: satb1234
3. Once logged in, in the Main Menu (top right of the screen), the bottom option, select "Music Files"
4. Click on the folder DCC F'20 Files. The syllabus and chorister info sheet template are in this folder.
5. Click on the sub folder F'20 Scores to access the .pdf scans of the scores.
ALTERNATE ACCESS TO SOME SCORES
Here's an alternate access to (some) e-scores for this semester:
Web Site https://www.jwpepper.com/sharemusic
Access Code eeForWHo/Eo=
Once you click on the web link, at the bottom of the screen will be a popup that says "Have an Access Code?" Enter the above access code in the field, and hit Enter/click on View Music to view the available list of titles. Then, click on the View Music button next to the title you'd like to view. Once you select a piece, try the full-screen view.
I think this service might work well on tablets.
A few caveats:
1. This service does not include all publishers of our music this semester, so some titles will not be available.
2. I haven't loaded all available titles of our rep for this semester; I will do that as we introduce them in our Zoom rehearsals.
3. This service doesn't have a way to give access by choir, so DCC and ES repertoire is all mixed together in one listing. You can tell the choir rep apart by voicing (DCC=SATB, ES=II/SA/SSA).
GIFT CARD FUNDRAISER
Debbie McMackin has provided a new list for our gift cards.
The order form for our next order will be attached to these announcements, and the cutoff date for ordering will be Friday, October 30, 2020.
HELP US GROW!
Encourage your friends, family, colleagues, neighbours, etc., to join us! We'll freely accept new singers until further notice!
The syllabus for this semester is available on our website in the members-only section.
Login information is in the last section of the announcements.
CHORISTER COMMUNICATION INFORMATION SHEET
If you have not already done so, please fill out the chorister communication information pdf sheet that was sent on September 21; if you do not have access to that, please contact Daphne. It is on the website, as noted above. You will need to save it first, fill it out, save it again, and send it.
Our facebook page is now operational, many thanks to Kelly Alexander!
Here is the link
Share with your family and friends, and ask them to like it to stay in the loop about what we are doing in the community and to get details about our concerts!
CHOIR WEB SITE
Thanks to former choir member Warren Christiani, our web site is continuously updated!
You can view our site at:
To access the members-only features and content, please use the following
Please also test out the Contact Us feature.